Review: Maybelline FIT me! Foundation and Powder
I've been trying out this new foundation for a while now and have decided to write a review on it. I switched over from using the Maybelline Dream PURE BB Cream when I ran out of it, since I can't find it anywhere in Canada.
This is the new MATTE + PORELESS formula for Normal to Oily skin, I believe they also have another version for Dry to Normal skin in pink font.
This is the matching setting powder for it. All cosmetics were 30% (now 40%) off at Target so I decided to pick up both of them to try out. Luckily, I was able to find unopened/packaged ones in my shade.
The swatch on the left is the powder, on the right is the foundation.
As you can see, although the shade number (#115) for the powder corresponds to the foundation, the foundation is a little more on the orange/warmer side. I have a yellow undertone and I do notice that the foundation does come off a little orange-y on my skin. It would probably look better on someone with a pink undertone.
I have used this foundation along with the powder for a month now and can say that I really do like this product. I had no issues with it breaking out my skin or reacting badly with my skin. It stays on very well for majority of the day (8am - 6pm), and starts to look very dewy in the evening - this is if you don't bring a compact powder and touch up (like me haha). Although I think my only main concern with the foundation is that it doesn't come with a pump, so you have to pour it onto the back of your hand.
For the powder, I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (until it broke again), and did notice a difference on my face. I don't really notice a difference on my face when I use the Maybelline FIT me powder. My face still looks dewy, but not as matte as I would have preferred.
All in all, a great drugstore foundation combo. I probably wouldn't repurchase the powder again but I do really like the formula of the foundation.
Comments
Post a Comment